We are one of the UK’s leading quantity surveying and estimating firms and are looking for a full-time estimator to work from our Northampton office.
Intermediate Estimator For Hire
My Build Estimate has grown rapidly over the past few years through innovation and customer service, and we have got significant growth plans over the coming years. We are an enthusiastic and dynamic team that can offer great career progression in a fun working environment.
We are looking for a candidate who is driven, hardworking, motivated and is looking to progress their professional career within an exciting new role.
The role is an office-based role to carry out takeoffs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for our client base, which includes contractors, sub-contractors, developers and private clients.
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Have experience in taking off and pricing residential projects.
- Be familiar with SMM7, NRM3 and major forms of measurement methods.
- JCT Conversant in all major forms of contract.
- Have experience using Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Has experience using other forms of taking off and estimating software.
- Is a team player looking to work in a small local consultancy firm.
The Job Role
- To set up Estimating Files upon receipt of enquiries, both electronically and paper, completing any further filing/addendums as they arise.
- To complete and maintain archives.
- Significantly interfaces with all supply chain members from both suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects associated with tenders from enquiry to contract award.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To complete estimating tasks.
- To answer incoming telephones, taking messages or redirecting as appropriate when required.
- To undertake any other general support and administration duties as will be required from time to time.
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues and accounts team in peak periods.
What We Are Looking For:
- Good understanding of the construction industry and building process.
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise.
- Analytical and accurate.
- Excellent communicator and able to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Preferable experience working with a comparable house builder.
- Preferable to have relevant estimator qualifications.
- Able to deal with tough negotiations and pressures of a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues.
- First-class time management skills.
- Practical team player with a hands-on style.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Attention to detail.